The appointee will be an experienced academic / faculty member and will be responsible for teaching and supervision in post/graduate courses in Business degrees.
• Deliver programmes to the highest teaching standards in accordance to AACSB and other accreditation bodies
to students from all over the world.
• Contribute to curriculum development and course coordination areas of expertise, ensuring courses and subjects
remain relevant, and integral to the betterment of lives in the tropics.
• Outreach to local and international stakeholders in the Business eco-system such as government agencies,
businesses, incubators, venture capitalists, angel Investors, etc. for the purposes of teaching and learning
• Participate in administrative duties or leadership including student and staff professional activities.
• Supervision of the program of study for undergraduate and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
• Research active, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
• Engage in industry-based, collaborative research, and build reputation through publication in both peer-review and professional journals.
Key Selection Criteria
- A PhD in Business, preferably in Management or a related disciplines.
- A substantial publication record in high quality journals relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
- A record of excellent mentoring, conducting research projects, and supervisory experience with Higher Degree by Research
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Experience teaching online classes, team teaching with other business colleagues is a plus.
- Evidence of academic leadership relative to career stage.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Amenable to use new learning and teaching technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
Enquiries: Dr K Thirumaran, Head of Academic Group – Business & IT: email@example.com Telephone: +65-67093716
Employment type: Fulltime tenure subject to Ministry-of-Manpower-Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period.
Remuneration and conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in SGD. Candidates must consider the lower tax structure in Singapore and the organisational practice of Annual-Wage-Supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year(as eligible) subject to JCU board’s decision.
Lecturer: SGD78 000 - SGD110 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD92 000 - SGD130 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications MUST provide all the following:
- Up-to-date CV including research record
- Full statement of qualifications
- Statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- Teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- Completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.