The Psychology Department at JCUS offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Master of Psychology (Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information. The Department is currently undergoing a period of expansion and is seeking an experienced individual to establish and build specific research collaborations with the Singaporean government and the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). This innovative collaboration will focus on the development of technologies to enhance healthy living. The collaboration is envisaged to involve a diverse set of situations and issues, including artificial intelligence, cognitive decline, robotics and the use of sensors and devices to support wellness.
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor* Psychology/Clinical Psychology
- To make a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit and plan a significant role within the discipline.
- Leading the development and implementation of collaborative research projects with researchers in the Department, University and other Singaporean and international institutions and government organisations.
- Making an outstanding contribution to research and scholarly publication in the field of psychology especially clinical psychology.
- Leading and making an outstanding contribution to the undergraduate and/or postgraduate psychology teaching programs
- Supervising honours, Masters and HDR students, ensuring successful and timely completions.
- Leading and participating in service to the University, and actively contributing to governance and collegial life of the University.
- Play an active role in the maintenance of academic standards and ensure continued accreditation.
- Participation in development of educational policy and of curriculum areas within the discipline.
Key Selection Criteria:
- PhD in a relevant field (Psychology) or Professional doctorate in relevant field (Clinical Psychology) with professional experience, specifically registered Clinical Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) registered clinical supervisor, with minimum 2 years of clinical and supervisory experience
- Internationally recognized research and scholarly publication in relevant fields.
- Evidence of significant domestic and international research linkages.
- A proven capacity to encourage and support research by junior colleagues and an ability to build an d lead a research team, including mentoring junior staff in their research, with a particular emphasis on high quality publications and obtaining research grants.
- Proven experience in high quality and innovative teaching at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with students, colleagues in an academic environment, people from diverse backgrounds, and the wider community and industry.
- Evidence of ability to actively engage with professional, industry and government organisations to further relevant research, teaching and entrepreneurial activities.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
Enquiries: Dr Lidia Suarez, Head of Academic Group Education & Psychology; Tel: +65 6709 3732 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration conditions: Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant (including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lower Singapore taxation rates and possibility of annual-wage-supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Lecturer: SGD80 000 per annum – SGD120 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD95 000 per annum – SGD142 000 per annum
Associate Professor: SGD123 000 per annum – SGD185 000 per annum
Professor: SGD 170 000 per annum – SGD 255 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered. If you have the appropriate qualifications and proven experience to deliver successfully on the above responsibilities, we invite you to send in your application in confidence to the Director, Human Resources, at the following website address: http://careers.jcu.edu.sg/cw/en/listing. Please state the position you are applying for in subject header.
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
* The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
# The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available