Established in 2003, JCU Singapore offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from James Cook University Australia. James Cook University Australia is recognized internationally as a leading research university and is now ranked in the top 250 of the World’s universities. James Cook University focuses on providing high quality education that is both rewarding and fulfilling for students.
The campus is growing, and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience while living in a fascinating and exciting city.
The Psychology Department at JCUS offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science, Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Graduate Diploma of Psychology, and Master of Psychology (Clinical) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER* PSYCHOLOGY
• Management and coordination of coursework teaching teams and significant contribution to coursework delivery
• Supervision of fourth-year and postgraduate research projects
• Research both independently and through collaborations
• Significant professional contribution to the psychology discipline
• Participate in service to the University where appropriate and as requested by the Campus Dean.
• PhD in Psychology (or final stage completion of the degree for Lecturer level appointment)
• A strong publication record relative to career stage
• Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
• The ability to teach across a range of psychology subjects at undergraduate and preferably postgraduate level
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A track record of success in obtaining external research funding
• While applications from candidates in all areas and sub-disciplines of psychology will be considered, we are particularly keen to hear from candidates with backgrounds in either industrial/organisational psychology or health psychology
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
Enquiries: Dr Jonathan Ramsay, Head of Academic Group (Psychology & Education); Tel: +65 6709 3739, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
Please send in your application to http://careers.jcu.edu.sg/cw/en/listing/
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology, Environmental Science, and Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.