Roles & Responsibilities
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism, Hospitality, and Healthcare.
James Cook University Singapore’s School of Social and Health Sciences offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the areas of psychology, education, and guidance and counselling. The University also offers Higher Degree by Research programs such as Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy.
The School is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education to oversee the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) programme in Singapore, while also making significant contributions to both teaching and research. The appointee will manage and coordinate academic aspects of the BEd(ECE), while engaging in curriculum development and quality assurance activities. The appointee will also teach into the BEd(ECE) while developing and maintaining a strong research contribution.
Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
- Coordinate and teach into the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) programme
- Administer course assessment and provide written evaluative and formative feedback on student work in timely manner
- Collaborate effectively with the discipline head, course coordinator, and subject coordinators
- Work with the placement coordinator to provide support and consultancy to students on practicum and coursework-matters
- Develop and maintain active research program and high level of professional-activities
- Supervise postgraduate research-projects
- Work with the placement coordinator to build and sustain partnerships in community for JCUS practicum-placements
- Ensure all operations accord with established JCUS procedures, policies and established-practices
- Ensure that programme delivery meets accreditation and other regulatory standards
- Engage in marketing activities
- Ad-hoc duties as determined by JCUS-management
Key Selection Criteria
- PhD in Early Childhood Education or closely-related discipline
- Membership of a relevant professional professional body, preferably in either Australia or Singapore
- Experience in teaching early childhood education modules at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Experience of programme and curriculum management
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of postgraduate students
- Substantial publication record relative to career stage and success in obtaining research funding
- Excellent management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake administrative duties consistent with the postgraduate program’s growth and development
- Demonstrated excellence in time-management, problem-solving and computer-skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in team
Enquiries: Dr Jonathan Ramsay, Academic Head Social and Health Sciences: email@example.com Telephone: +65-67093739
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and a probationary period
Remuneration and conditions: An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant (including relocation expenses and initial accommodation costs) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note the relatively lower taxation rates in Singapore and the possibility of an annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year. All employment salary arrangements are offered in Singapore currency:
Lecturer: SGD85,000 – SGD118,000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD113,000 – SGD146,000 per annum
Associate Professor: SGD129,000 – SGD186,000 per annum
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following in order to be considered:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
Please state the position and reference number you are applying for in subject header and send your application via https://careers.jcu.edu.sg/cw/en/listing