The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism, Hospitality, and Healthcare.
James Cook University Singapore’s School of Social and Health Sciences offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the areas of psychology, education, and guidance and counselling. The University also offers Higher Degree by Research programs such as Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy.
The School is seeking to appoint a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer of Psychology to teach modules relating to business psychology at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, while also making a significant contributions to the School's research output.
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer* (Business Psychology)
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
• Management and coordination of coursework teaching teams and significant contribution to coursework delivery
• Supervision of fourth-year and postgraduate research projects
• Research both independently and through collaborations
• Significant professional contribution to the psychology discipline
• Participate in service to the University where appropriate and as requested by the Campus Dean
• PhD in Business Psychology, Organisational Psychology, or a closely related discipline (or final stage completion of the degree for Lecturer level appointment)
• A strong publication record relative to career stage
• Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
• The ability to teach across a range of business/organisational psychology subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A track record of success in obtaining external research funding
Dr Jonathan Ramsay, Academic Head, School of Social and Health Sciences, James Cook University, Singapore
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and a probationary period
Remuneration and conditions: An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant (including relocation expenses and initial accommodation costs) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note the relatively lower taxation rates in Singapore and the possibility of an annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year. All employment salary arrangements are offered in Singapore currency:
Lecturer: SGD85,000 – SGD118,000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD113,000 – SGD146,000 per annum
Associate Professor: SGD129,000 – SGD186,000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following in order to be considered:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
Please state the position and reference number you are applying for in subject header and send your application via https://careers.jcu.edu.sg/cw/en/listing