Senior/Research Fellow – Aquaculture Molecular Breeding
James Cook University Singapore has established the Tropical Futures Institute (TFI). One of the major research pillars of the Institute is in the area of aquaculture. James Cook University is internationally acclaimed for their industry-linked research in tropical aquaculture. The University has established a strong R&D capability in Singapore that works in close partnership with industry and other end-users to facilitate productivity and improved food security related to aquaculture production. TFI has developed strong links with industry, NGOs, Polytechnics/Universities, government and funding bodies to enhance Singaporean aquaculture production and train the future human capital necessary for sustainable industry growth. Please visit https://www.jcu.edu.sg/tfi for more information.
We are now seeking three (3) qualified and motivated candidates for the positions of: Senior/Research Fellow to support Principal Investigators in the execution of externally funded projects in the area of Aquaculture Genetics and Molecular Breeding in Singapore. These positions will work closely with researchers from Republic Polytechnic and industry collaborators. There may be the possibility of embedment in partner collaborators for a period of time.
1. PhD in the area of aquaculture, quantitative genetics, or selective breeding. Preferred research experience is related to use of genetics/genomics in breeding programs demonstrated through analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets and authorship of relevant publications in the field.
2. Demonstrated high-level experimental design, data analysis and interpretation of quantitative and genomic data related to their application in breeding programs
3. Experience managing projects individually, or contributing significantly to the management of projects, including preparing funding proposals, sourcing opportunities for projects and developing relationships with potential clients, stakeholders and collaborators
4. Experience working with industry and/or within industry-linked projects
5. Demonstrated history of high-impact research outputs including publication of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals.
6. Demonstrated strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in a team environment and to stakeholders
1. Demonstrated experience working within an aquaculture context
Enquiries: Professor Dean Jerry, Professor Aquaculture; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Three years (3) fulltime, renewable contract subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period.
Remuneration and conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in SGD. Candidates must consider the lower tax structure in Singapore and the organizational practice of Annual-Wage-Supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year(as eligible) subject to JCU board’s decision.
Research Fellow Aquaculture: SGD $77,000 per annum – SGD $ 119,000 per annual
Senior Research Fellow Aquaculture: SGD $105,000 per annum – SGD $147,000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications MUST provide all of the following:
1. an up-to-date CV including research record (publications, research grants, post-graduate supervision history)
2. a full statement of qualifications
3. a statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
4. teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
5. 3 publications of note
Applications without any of the above will not be considered.
Please apply at: http://careers.jcu.edu.sg/cw/en/listing
Closing Date: 20 June 2021
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications, not to make an appointment or make an appointment at a lower job grade.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Master Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.