Sessional Lecturer & Tutor (Urban Planning)
Job no: 492483
Work type: Contract Fixed Term
The Sessional Lecturer,
specializing in Urban Planning and Design will work closely with academic staff in the development, course coordination and delivery of the Master in Planning and Urban Design offered at JCU Singapore. Additional responsibilities may include mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students, contributing to essential service activities and developing partnerships with industry leaders in the region. Expertise in GIS, Environmental and Regional Planning, or Disaster management are highly desirable. The incumbent will be teaching modules on disaster resilience, urban design and planning, sustainable urbanism or related disciplines and will have a record of academic and industry experience.
Conducting lectures & tutorials in undergraduate and postgraduate subjects
Incorporating industry based learning experiences
Supervision of postgraduate research projects.
Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
Marking of Exams & Assignment Scripts
Crafting of Exam and assignment questions in consultation with the subject coordinators.
Manage the Learning Management System/Black Board for the subject.
Attend training workshops and discipline related meetings
Timely feedback to students and submission of exam scripts
Key Selection Criteria:
• A PhD in Urban Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Environmental Sciences OR a related discipline OR 10 years industry experience at a senior level.
• A substantial publication record is desirable.
• Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at postgraduate levels.
• The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
• Experience teaching online classes and team teaching is a plus.
• Evidence of continued industry connections and able to incorporate these connections in the subject delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Amenable to use new learning and teaching technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Flexible with schedule adjustments due to university facility, staff redeployment or calendar changes.
Employment type : Sessional position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and CPE regulations.
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
up-to-date CV including research, teaching and industry engagement record
recent teaching evaluations
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time 01 Oct 2019
Applications close: 31 Dec 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend